Monday, September 7, 2009

I have no life, apparently.

"The purpose of this blog is to open for examination internet literacy habits that often go unexamined." I wish I wouldnt have examined mine.

I won't go into it much, but this blog really makes me laugh because it proves in black and white that I have no life and need to spend way less time on Facebook.


Wednesday, September 2nd
8:30 AM logged onto Facebook, chatted with some random people and nothing that really matters. I didn't take the time to write down what it was because it was way before my happy time.
8:40 AM logged onto ULink, read email. I am amazed that people still walk through dark allies alone and even more amazed the the University publishes every little thing that happens.
10:15 AM Facebooked, again. No one wanted to talk to me at this time of day, I guess they were all in class. My mood at this point is fairly good because I feel like I have a fairly respectable portion of my day under my belt.
10:20 AM checked for blackboard for updates (none present)
2:30- 2:50 PM Facebooked some more (I obviously have no life)
5:45 PM YouTube for funny videos. It is really odd what kind of videos get over a million views. Then again, I also had to find them to watch them.
9:00- 9:45 PM Facebook chatted. This is kind of like my night time ritual. Almost as soon as I'm done on facebook, I go to sleep... usually.

Thursday, September 3rd
8:45 AM Facebooked, no one I wanted to talk to was on this morning. I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
8:50 AM Checked my ULink for email and blog for comments. ULink was boring as usual and I have 16 followers on my blog. Even though they have to follow my blog for a grade, it's still exciting to me.
3:00- 3:25 PM Checked Facebook, chatted with some friends about nothing important.
4:00- 4:50 PM Skyped with my brother. He is in Greece and it makes me happy to talk to him evey chance I can.... I miss him.
6:30- 6:50PM Facebook and checked ULink. As usual, no one had anything interesting to say.
9:45- 10:15 PM- Facebook. This was just my normal night time ritual.

2 comments:

  1. Your list is similar to mine, it is not that we have no life, it seems as if we are waiting for someone to make a difference in our lives or to enlighten us by getting on Facebook or messaging us somehow so that we can react/have something to do online. Furthermore, Skype seems to be the new method of communication between people as is iChat but for none Macbook users its Skype. A long way from AIM Messenger isn't it? Anyways, don't worry about your habits, there are plenty of people that do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate that you also kept an emotional log as you visited some of these sites. I sometimes forget how these affect moods.

    And to add to what Jonathan said, in a lot of these logs Facebook seems to be a way to augment a social life rather than to take the place of one. I enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete